As a new blogger I get the warm fuzzies when legit bloggers like Michelle from Restoration Spring pay attention to me, but I get really excited when awards are thrown around. So, thank you Restoration Spring for the One Lovely Blog Award! Michelle’s blog takes creativity to the next level by giving life’s quirky details a second chance. She’s literally the ultimate cool mom/blogger/beekeeper/organic lifestyle enthusiast. Plus, she gives great life advice.
Rules for Accepting the Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- List the rules and display the award
- List seven facts about yourself
- Nominate another blogger(s) and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Follow the blogger who nominated you
Kate’s Seven Factoids
1. I’m a classic movie buff
2. I am a professional freelance writer.
Specializing in both corporate and creative writing, I love to cozy up to my computer in my PJS for the workday. Check out Odesk.com if you’re thinking of freelancing.
3. I knit and crochet like a spider.
Thanks to my mother’s needlecraft talents, I turned into a scarf, hat, glove, blanket weaving nut. Thanks Rae. The creation above is the start of a knitted and crocheted quilt blanket. Grace took a liking to it immediately.
4. I have the coolest sky-diving and student commercial pilot brother. Look at him.
5. I follow a modified Paleo diet.
6. I love roller-skating.
Ice skating doesn’t go as smoothly….
7. I love the country of Ecuador.
The people, the natural beauty, the history. I hope it makes it on everyone’s bucket list. At the Equator below, and even further below is my attempt a firing a poison dart gun. Ha.
Now that my seven are finished, I nominate Katie S.’s blog Marginalized Beauty for the One Lovely Blog Award. Katie is the quirkiest and most creative photographer I’ve ever seen, which makes every post a little treasure.
I also nominate Harb of MalibuHarbie for the One Lovely Blog Award. This blog is basically a cackle-fest about transitioning from living in The South to life in Malibu, Cali.
As always, thanks for reading!
Song of the Day: El Niagara en Bicicleta | Juan Luis Guerra
Spanish Word of the Day: Arpía | a girl with very bad intentions